Become a member or friend of Basler Kunstverein!
Basler Kunstverein currently has about 2,000 members. If you would like to contribute to an increase in membership numbers, you have several options:
- free admission to all exhibitions and events held at Kunsthalle Basel and the Architekturmuseum
- regular invitations and information on activities organized by Basler Kunstverein
- catalogues of the exhibitions at a price reduction of 15%
- annual subscription to Kunstbulletin at a 15% discount
- use the Kunstverein’s own library
- borrow works from the collection of Basler Kunstverein for a fee
- take part in the annual art trip and enjoy guided tours of exhibitions both in Switzerland and abroad
In addition you get free admission to the following art institutions:
Aargauer Kunsthaus Aarau, Centre d’Art Contemporain Genf, Kunsthalle Bern, Kunsthalle St. Gallen, Kunsthalle Zürich, Kunsthaus Glarus, Kunsthaus Zug, Kunstmuseum Luzern, Kunstmuseum Thun, Kunstmuseum und St. Katharinen St. Gallen (only exhibitions of Kunstverein St. Gallen), CACT - Centro d’Arte Contemporanea Ticino, Kunstmuseum Winterthur, Museum zu Allerheiligen Schaffhausen, Shedhalle Zürich, Thurgauisches Kunstmuseum and Ittinger Museum Warth.
Individual membership: CHF 100
Couples or two group members: CHF 150
Each additional member: + CHF 50
Artists: CHF 50
Members aged 18–25 years: CHF 35
Members under 18 years of age: free
Friend of the Basler Kunstverein
- one private visit of the exhibitions together with the director and in some cases with the artists
- one catalogue for each exhibition
- all the benefits that come with individual membership including participation in the annual art trip
Friend of the Basler Kunstverein: from CHF 500
- one or several guided tours per year for a group of your choice, subject to advance booking
- one or several personal or transferable membership cards
- posters and catalogues accompanying the exhibitions delivered to your home on a regular basis
- together with the Friends of the Basler Kunstverein, one private visit of the exhibitions with the director and in some cases with the artists (for two persons)
- all the benefits that come with individual membership including participation in the annual art trip (for two persons)
The number of guided tours for groups, membership cards and catalogues depends on the amount of your annual subscription.
You may, as part of the privileges enjoyed by all members, borrow art works from the Kunstverein’s collection for a fee. If you decide to make use of this privilege, we will be pleased to offer our expert advice.
Corporate membership: one membership card, either personal or transferable, one guided tour for the company, and one catalogue with each exhibition for every CHF 1,000.00 contributed.
By making a one-off payment you can acquire lifetime individual membership with all the benefits listed above. You will never again receive one of those yearly reminders to renew your membership.
Lifetime membership: CHF 2,500
Inclusion in the annual report
The names of the friends of Basler Kunstverein, corporate members and lifetime members are listed in our annual report.
Contributions to cultural institutions in excess of CHF 100 per annum are income tax-deductible in the Cantons of Basel-Stadt and Basel-Landschaft.